School Admissions

Parents requesting entry to Woodham Burn Community Primary School for their child may do so by contacting the Local Authority.  

You can do this via the following link:  or contacting Durham County Council School Admissions, Tel 03000 265 896, or in writing at School Places and Admissions, Children and Young People's Services, County Hall, Durham, County Durham, United Kingdom, DH1 5UJ.


Appropriate entry forms in accordance with the admission policy of the LA will then be completed by the parent and returned online in accordance with LA policy.

We have arranged two open evenings for parents/carers of children due to start school in September 2022:

  • Thursday 21th October 2021 4pm - 5pm
  • TBC

Parents are welcome to visit the school during the school day, prior to their child’s admission. It is necessary to contact the school office.

Please CLICK HERE  to view the current school admissions arrangements.


Applying for a school place if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of SEN

Children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (or Statement of Special Education Needs) follow a different admission and transfer process for a new school. Please continue to complete Durham County Council’s parental preference form, as part of the admission process to a new school. You continue to have a right to request a particular school and this will be considered alongside the information that we have about your child’s special educational needs. The information would have been provided as part of the Education, Health and Care assessment or following the review meeting.

If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.