Values and Ethos Statement
Alongside the overarching principles outlined on the Archway Federation page, the following aims have been agreed by staff, children and governors as key principles that underpin all the work of the staff at Woodham Burn Community Primary School and Nursery and we work with the wider community to meet these aims:
- The children are at the heart of our school, at the centre of all learning, where we strive to develop the whole child through personalised learning;
- Every individual is part of our Community, therefore we promote and develop the skills necessary to be an active, responsible citizen;
- We provide a safe, enjoyable learning environment that promotes positive behaviour;
- We have high expectations of all pupils regardless of the gender, socio-economic background, age, race, beliefs or sexual orientation.
- The children are the most important part of our community and learn that 'the one thing that makes us all the same is that we are unique.'
- We promote British Values in all aspects of school life;
- Our dedicated team are committed to ensuring our children achieve their full potential academically, socially and emotionally;
- All our staff have current knowledge and training to ensure effective practice;
- We promote equality for all within a mutually respectful environment;
- Learning is a life long journey and we provide learning opportunities for all, at all stages of this journey;
- We promote an open line of communication so that parents and carers can take an active role in their child’s school life.